KEBBI MISHAP: Death toll rises to 76, search continues

0
96

From Maiharaji Altine, Gusau

The number of people who died in a boat mishap in Warra town of Ngaski local government area of Kebbi state has risen to 76.


Recall that, there was a dreadful boat accident in Kebbi state last Wednesday where a boat which was carrying over 170 people have capsized and sunk into the river.

Rescue operatives evacuating the dead bodies from the river

Fourty eight dead bodies were recovered as at last Thursday.

Speaking to Analyzer News on phone on Friday, the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi state, Alhaji Abubakar Muazu said, 22 more dead bodies were recovered.


 He said, “So far, a total number of 76 dead bodies have been recoverd as I am talking to you now”.

Muazu maintained that, rescue operatives were still in the river trying to find out if they could get the dead bodies of the remaining people.

“The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and other relevant organizations are still searching in the river with a view to recovering the remaining dead bodies”. Said Muazu.

Muazu maintained that, Governor Atiku Bagudu has visited the area today Friday where he condoled the families of the affected victims of the incident.


The Governor according to the Chief Press Secretary has also given a case donation of eleven million Naira to the families of those who lost their lives in the fatal accident.

Send me an email when this newspaper has been updated

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here